1. Basic Requirement
In principle, applicants to the Chinese language program or undergraduate programs should be 18 years old or beyond by the time when the entry visa is applied.
Those who are younger than 18 years old have to find a Karamay citizen as his guardian. Relevant procedure is:
(1) Ask a Chinese who is a registered resident of Karamy City and is willing to perform as the guardian of the applicant during his/her stay in China until he/she is 18 years old.
(2) The student’s parents (or other guardian in his/her home country) write a letter to authorize the guardian. The content of the letter includes parents’ names, the information of the student and his/her guardian in China (name, age, passport number/ ID number, home address, telephone number, etc.).
(3) The letter of authorization is notarized in a notary public office in the applicant’s home country.
(4) After being notarized, the trust deed must then be taken to the embassy of China in the student’s home country for authentication.
(5) The guardian in China has to notarize this letter in a notary public office in China and send it to Academic and International Office（contact information is enclosed below ）, and after all required documents are received, the admission letter and JW202 form will be forwarded to successful applicants.
2. Language Requirement
For English teaching programs, English Requirement: TOEFL 80; IELTS 6.0 or above.
For Chinese teaching programs, Chinese Requirement: HSK 4 or above.
Applicants who have not met the HKS requirement and intend to pursue a degree taught in
Chinese should apply to Chinese Language program (the same as preparatory program) first.
3. Academic Background
Applicants of Chinese Language Program or Bachelor’s programs should finish at least 12-year pre-college education. Applicants of Master’s programs are Bachelor degree holders in relevant major. PhD applicants have got a Master degree in relevant major.
4. Application Check List
(1) Scanned copy of a valid passport with personal information.
(2) Scanned degree certificates after high school and notarized original certificates are presented at the time of registration.
(3) Scanned official transcripts of higher education and notarized original copies are required at the time of registration.
(4) English or Chinese language proficiency test report if applicable at present.
(5) Two references